Saturday 28 May 2011

Saturday Recipes - Truffles!

Today I dream of trying all these wonderful truffle recipes.

I love truffles, they're so rich and soft and melt in your mouth - delicious! I think truffles are wonderful in the winter or on a windy day like today where I live.

My plan for tonight is just to snuggle on the couch with my blanket and a box of truffles and watch TV till I fall asleep :)

That's a great way to relax before another hard week of work - not that I have to worry about Monday this week, I'm off for a whole five days! :)

On Monday I'm going to see my favourite band, Kings of Leon, playing in my town and it's my boyfriend's birthday on Wednesday, so I need to recharge my batteries first this weekend!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

I'm so making these - they look like perfection for me! You'll find the recipe here or here where there's three amazing recipes!

Photo from Loveandoliveoil.com
Photo from Landeeseelandeedo.blogspot.com

Caipirinha Truffles

Now, here's a great summer alternative to rich truffles! Not as heavy but very refreshing, it's just perfect for all the caipirinha lovers :) Here's the recipe for the white chocolate ones and look here for the ones coated with cocoa powder. Now just pick your favourites!

Photo from Thecookieshopinenglish.wordpress.com
Photo from Technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com

Chocolate-Covered Raspberry Truffles

Ok, they are not really truffles but they look right! The thought of fresh raspberries and soft chocolate makes me drool :)  Get the recipe here!

Photos from cherrapeno.com

White chocolate passion fruit truffles

I found this recipe on Technicolor Kitchen food blog and then I found two more that caught my eye so I'm sharing all of them with you! These truffles are soft and delicate, with a little zing from the  passion fruit - yum! Here's the recipe.

 
Dark chocolate, cinnamon and hazelnut truffles


That's sounds divine! Very rich and aromatic; a perfect Winter treat!


 White chocolate, cranberry and Cointreau truffles

This is a quite unusual combination of flavours but I think it works perfectly!

 Photos from Technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com 

Wasabi Truffles

Talking about unusual flavour combinations... :) They are made with crystallized ginger and freshly grated daruma wasabi which is the milder of the two major wasabi varieties, with a slight sweetness in the aftertaste. Wow - I can't wait to try this recipe! Find it here.

Photo from Tri2cook.blogspot.com

Tiramisu Truffles

White chocolate, mascarpone cheese, Marsala wine and good quality coffee - for me that sounds heavenly! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Notsohumblepie.blogspot.com

Nutella Chocolate Truffles

Who doesn't like Nutella? Only three ingredients and so much happiness :) A recipe from Steamy Kitchen.

Photo from Steamykitchen.com

Do the Truffle Shuffle! :D

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! This looks AMAZING!!! I want to try all of them :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete