Saturday 2 July 2011

Saturday Recipes - Zucchini!

Today I dream of eating a ton of courgettes :)

Seriously, it's my favourite vegetable in the world and universe and I swear I could eat it every day! You can serve zucchini (or courgette) in so many ways, I'm sure it would never get boring.

Have a look at the recipes I chose for you this week and let me know what you think!

Pan-fried Zucchini Flowers

I first tried them on holiday in Italy many years ago and I instantly fell in love! At first I wasn't convinced that it's a good idea to fry flowers but I'm quite adventurous so I was excited to try it. The flavour is so delicate and sublime and with the crispy batter it's just amazing! Click for the recipe!

Photo from Foodandstyle.com

Courgette Fritters with Feta

I love potato fritters so this would be a great Summer alternative! They look just perfect! Find the recipe here.

Photo from Cookyourdream.com

Braised Zucchini with Sun Gold Cherry Tomatoes & Basil

This looks like a dream to me :) It contains all my favourite flavours and looks so juicy and delicious. Summer on a plate! Click for the recipe!

Photo from Farmhousetable.wordpress.com

Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices

I got two recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen - She obviously shares my love for courgettes!

This recipe is great for the times when you can't be bothered to make pizza dough but you fancy something delicious! Beautiful Italian flavours that can be ready in 20 minutes? Sounds perfect to me! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Kalynskitchen.com

Stuffed Zucchini Cups

I made stuffed zucchini many times but I've never cut it this way round. I think it's a great idea - less messy and more juicy. Yum! Recipe here!

Photo from Kalynskitchen.com

Zucchini Parmesan

I would call it 'parmigiana' but either way it's a great recipe ;) It's just like parmigiana but instead of aubergines, the author used courgettes and it's made in the pan. Another great way to use zucchini! Click for the recipe!

Photos from Acozykitchen.com

Grilled Zucchini and Shrimps


Zucchini and shrimp make such a wonderful combination and with that interesting glaze I really need to try this! It's a great alternative to all those grilled meats - it's much healthier, juicy and scrumptious. Get the recipe here!

Photo from Acouplebites.com

Routinely zucchini :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't like zucchini, but these look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witaj w klubie uzależnionych:) Ja najbardziej lubię risotto z cukiniami (chyba tak to się nazywa po polsku, ja używam głównie włoskiej wersji: zucchine;)). Te z pierwszego zdjęcia, obtoczone w cieście przypominające naleśnikowe, zrobił swego czasu mój znajomy. Są niesamowicie słodkie i pyszne.Niebo w gębie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risotto pyszne, ja chyba najbardziej to lubie takie proste spaghetti z cukinia i parmezanem, szkoda ze kwiaty tak ciezko u nas dostac bo naprawde sa przepyszne, jak sie kiedys dorobie wlasnego domku(w co watpie) to bede sobie swoje hodowac :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kwiaty chyba tylko w Almie, albo w innym podobnym supermarkecie. Raczej ciężko dostępne w Polsce, a szkoda, bo są pyszne. A domku się dorobisz, spokojnie:) Chociaż mi działka już by wystarczyła do pełni szczęscia:)

    ReplyDelete