Wednesday 7 September 2011

Peter Pilotto Resort 2012 Collection

Today I dream about Peter Pilotto's new Resort 2012 collection.

Half-Austrian, half-Italian Peter Pilotto and half-Belgian, half-Peruvian Christopher De Vos are the designers behind the Peter Pilotto label. The characteristic features of the duo are the soft sculptural shapes and prints.

De Vos concentrates on maintaining the shapes while Pilotto focuses on textiles and prints - sounds like great teamwork! Their Resort 2012 collection is not my usual style but because of all the little details like the wonderful twisted pleating and of course the bold unique prints, I love it and I could stare at it for a long time :)

The combination of prints which Pilotto describes as a 'microscopic look at classical jacquard' with cocktail dresses and perfectly tailored suits charmed me. I really like the simple shapes - they make a great background for all the prints and colours.

I love the first two dresses the most from all the collection, I'd wear them even despite my aversion to prints and colour blocking. I think that Peter Pilotto is another great label to watch!

 
Photos from Style.com

Remember, if you'd like to see more inspirations and previews of the things I dream of, you can check out my new Facebook page :)

3 comments:

  1. Zaskakujące kolory i formy, szczególnie spódnica w geometryczne wzory z ostatniego zdjęcia. Zupełnie nie moje kolory jednak mimo wszystko bardzo mi sie podoba !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zgadzam się z Izą: mimo pewnego zaskoczenia, potem z przyjemnością ogląda się te ubrania. I te odcienie niebieskiego są naprawdę fantastyczne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah jaki piękny ten błękit, zakochałam się w nim:)

    ReplyDelete