Sunday 13 November 2011

Saturday Recipes - Spinach!

Today I dream about trying all those delicious spinach dishes.

Probably some of you made the "yuk" face just after reading the post title but believe me, spinach doesn't have to be bad! I never used to like it, it always thought it tasted just like cooked grass but it was only because I didn't know how to serve it.

I once had it fried with lots of garlic and herbs and it was truly mind changing experience. Since then it's a regular guest on my table and I'm curious to try anything involving spinach. Plus, we've all watched Popeye so we know how healthy it is :)

Spinach Calzone

They look really delicious and as I never made calzone on my own I have to try one of these recipes! You'll find the basic version here, you can also try the one with sun-dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese, get the recipe here!

Photo from Acouplecooks.com
Photo from Goodlifeeats.com

Spinach Spiral

It's so easy to make and looks amazing! Plus you can let your imagination go wild with this one - there's so many possibilities! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Cookingagent.blogspot.com

Pumpkin & Spinach Lasagna

Pumpkin and spinach make a great combination. This vegetarian lasagna is full of herbs, spices and almonds - yummy! Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Veggienumnum.com

Hot Spinach Dip

There is no better snack than a fresh baguette or a crisp dipped in this goodness. It's cheesy and gooey - just perfect! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Skinnytaste.com

Spinach Gozleme

Gozleme is kind of a Turkish pancake but made with yeast. This recipe contains not only spinach but also ricotta cheese and roasted aubergine - it must be really good! Find the recipe here!

Photo from Almostbourdain.blogspot.com

Spinach in Puff Pastry

You'll only need 30 minutes to prepare this dish and the effect is gorgeous! It's full of herbs, garlic and different kinds of cheese. Click here for the recipe!

Photo from Ezrapoundcake.com

Baked Spinach and Gruyere

Another proof that spinach and cheese is a match made in heaven! It's simple, rich and full of flavour! Get the recipe here!

Photo from Realsimple.com

"I'm strong to the finish, cause I eats me spinach." :)

3 comments:

  1. Też go kiedyś nie lubiłam, ale właśnie w połączeniu z duuuuużą ilością czosnku mnie przekonał:) Moja mama robi obłędne szpinakowe danie - roladę z kurczaka nadziewaną szpinakiem...mmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I adore spinach and such lovely ideas...thank you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete